This past weekend we launched into a brand new series called “F Word.” The F Word that we are talking about is not the four letter offensive one, but rather it’s the five letter offensive word – FAITH. Believe it or not, this word is sometimes offensive to people who are outside of our church circles.
What I’m anticipating most is the last week of this series. I have challenged our church to do whatever it takes to invite someone who doesn’t have a faith in Christ to church on November 5th & 6th. As we wrap up this series, we are going to present a very simple message about faith and salvation.
Who do you know that perhaps doesn’t have a real faith in Jesus? They may have gone to church when they were younger, but that doesn’t mean they have a real faith. They may seem like they have life in stride, but if they don’t have faith in Christ, they are lost. They might seem like the last person on earth who would attend church with you…but don’t judge a book by its cover. More people than you think would attend a church if someone would just ask them!!
Here’s what I want to encourage you to consider:
- Begin thinking of everyone you know that might fit this description.
- Begin praying for them every day until you invite them.
- Be bold. Invite them. Offer to take them to lunch after.
- Pray for them every day until they come.
- Remind them a few days before and ask them if they want to meet or ride together.
- Have faith to believe that God will move in their life, regardless of how they respond.