Today is the last day of 2009. I’m always excited about what the next year will bring. But I also want to take a moment to reflect back on all that happened in 2009. In 2009, our church more than doubled in size and we saw incredible miracles happen.
Here’s a quick look back to all that God did in 2009.
- We launched a capital campaign in the spring and God provided all the money we needed to get started. We are under construction now and hope to launch our new kids ministry facility by Easter of 2010.
- We now have a new driveway and parking lot as a result of everyone’s giving!! That is SO awesome! (I won’t miss the gravel)
- We saw over 80 people baptized in 2009 and 30 of them were baptized as of a spontaneous decision!! What an electric day that was.
- We saw record attendance in the fall as we launched our series 180.
- I went blond as we launched 180! Still blond right now. 🙂
- We hired a full-time Creative Arts Director, part-time Youth Pastor and full-time Executive Pastor. It’s not just me anymore. Praise God!!
- We took up a special offering this Christmas season to give to people in need in our church and community and the church stepped up in a big way!!!
- We gave nearly $5,000 to people in need within our own church.
- We gave a check for almost $3,500 to Human Services to help families in our community who are struggling right now.
- We blew the doors off this place for Christmas with 4 full experiences with about 800 people. (A new record for us!)
It truly was a great year for me, my family and our church. But I believe it is just the beginning. I believe God has MUCH more in store for us as a church. I pray that God will use us to reach more people with the Gospel in 2010 than all of the years of our church history combined.
Are you ready Crossroads?