Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. I love simply hanging out with family, eating A LOT, watching football and doing nothing else. How easy it is to enjoy this day without really considering what we have to be thankful for. This special Thanksgiving blog post is to simply highlight all that I am thankful for! Here’s what I’m thankful for:
- That Jesus died for me, saved me and would use a sinner like me to help others know Him. Sounds cliche but if you are not thankful for this you probably don’t know Jesus.
- An amazing family. My wife and kids are awesome and I wouldn’t want to live life without them.
- An amazing extended family. I have been so blessed with a great extended family as well. Love them all!!
- My church. It has to be one of the greatest churches on the planet. There are so many people who give so much so we can reach so many!! I love this church and I’m so thankful God called me to start it.
- That God has used our church to see over 200 people give their lives to Christ in about 2 years. That blows me away. Yet, I’m praying for far more than that!
- My calling. To know that God has called me to be part of the greatest mission organization in the world is overwhelming. I love getting to preach the gospel to people and see their lives changed. There is no better job in the entire world.
- My staff. I have the best staff in the world. I don’t just work with people who need a paycheck, but a team of people who have a passion like I do. Every staff member we have is KEY to what God is doing at Crossroads. I love being on this journey with them.
- My distant church mentors. I don’t really have any close mentor, but I have many incredible pastors who have invested in me through their books, blogs, messages and more. Here are some of the pastors who have personally affected my life and ministry. Craig Groeschel, Ed Young, Steven Furtick, Andy Stanley, Perry Noble, Mark Driscoll and more.
This list could go on and on if I had the time. I just wanted to go first and share why I’m so thankful.
Take a moment to think about all you are thankful for and let God and those around you know.
Have a great Thanksgiving.