This past weekend I began giving some simple instructions for attending the 1EVENT on 9/11. I thought I would follow up and share a few more. I am so freakin’ excited about this day for our church. I truly believe our church will launch forward with some incredible momentum through the unity created. Just make sure you come prepared. Here are some simple instructions:
- BE EARLY!! Don’t show up at 11am or later. You will probably be stuck in traffic and will miss part of the experience. I’m serious about this. Plan to be about 30 minutes early to get parked, walk to the stage area, use the restroom, etc.
- BE READY TO WORSHIP! It will be different. We will be outside on the lawn. So what! I want you to come ready to sing louder than you ever have, shout your head off and clap harder than you ever have. I want all of our neighbors to take notice of what God is doing here at Crossroads.
- BE PATIENT! We expect at least 800 people and perhaps closer to 1,000 people at this event. Our volunteers will be doing their best to make sure everyone has a safe day. Slow down and be patient. There will be super long lines for food, parking, bathrooms and more. Expect this and keep your attitude in check.
- BYOB – Not beer, but a blanket to sit on. We are doing this festival style. Just like going to an outdoor concert. You can sit on a blanket or lawn chair during the message, but you’ll be standing and shouting during the music!
- BRING RAIN GEAR. In the unlikely chance of rain that day, bring ponchos or rain jackets for your family. We prefer that you don’t bring umbrellas as you will block the view of everyone behind you. If you only have an umbrella, and it begins to rain, move to the back of the roped off area for other’s sake. However, we’ve been praying for great weather and don’t anticipate any rain!!! Please GOD!
- BRING BAGS OF FOOD! We are trying to leverage the full force of Crossroads to affect hunger in our city. This will be the largest food drive we’ve ever done. We are asking each family to bring at least 1 bag of non-perishable groceries to give to one of our outreach partners. Let’s impact our city.
- BRING SOMEONE TO HEAR THE GOSPEL!! Most of all, invite as many people as you can to hear the Gospel that day. We are praying that this will be a day people step across the line of eternity. Bring anyone you can that needs to hear about Jesus. Tell them they get lunch free. Tell them their kids can jump on inflatables for free! Do whatever it takes to bring them to hear the gospel!
I can’t wait church. Be praying for this entire day and that God moves through our church.