This past Weekend we dealt with our third Lie from the Devil – “It’s Just Sex!” Needless to say, it got a bit uncomfortable in church! Here’s the highlights:
- Talking about sex in church always makes people a bit uncomfortable.
- Years ago sex was a private thing, but today it’s made public throughout our culture.
- The lie we dealt with was the nonchalant attitude toward sex.
- Sex is not a dirty thing or an evil thing, it’s actually a God thing. God designed and created sex.
- Any time you take what God created and misuse it, it is SIN.
- It was interesting talking about prostitution in church! (1 Cor 6:15-16)
- Truly, I believe that so many people in our schools and sitting in our churches are engaged in prostitution.
- Prostitution is selling your body for something in exchange, often money.
- But we have kids today giving their bodies for something more valuable – popularity!
- We have people giving up their bodies to get love and acceptance.
- The attitude of our culture toward sex is that “it’s just physical.” It won’t hurt anyone.
- Yet, the Bible teaches us that we are more than just a physical being. We are made up of body, soul and spirit. (Psalm 139)
- Every time we engage in sex outside of marriage, it affects us body, soul and spirit.
- Perhaps that’s why sexually abused victims feel the emotional pain for many years after the physical act.
- What many don’t realize is that sexual sin affects their spirit connection with Christ too!
- There is no such thing as “safe sex” outside of marriage.
- Most people will take a message like this and will take it as far as they can sexually without going all the way. But the Bible says we are to “flee sexual immorality,” not get close to it. (1 Cor 6:18)
- If you play around with fire you will eventually get burnt. If you are dating and flirting with sex, you will probably go too far when given the opportunity.
- The reason this is so important is because our bodies are not ours to give up. They belong to Jesus because He bought them with His! (1 Cor 6:19-20)
I had many parents come tell me how glad they were to have their kids hear this. If you are single or have kids who are Jr. High or older, they need to hear this message. Take a moment if you missed it and watch it with them online.
Church, next week will be one of the best weekends to bring someone who doesn’t know Jesus. The Gospel will be presented very clearly!!