This weekend we closed out our series Code of Honor. I have really enjoyed teaching on this subject. This weekend was Memorial Day Weekend, and we included a special Moment of Silence video in the worship experience. Check it out along with some of the highlights of the message.
- As I was walking in the cemetery, I couldn’t help but think every Stone tells a Story.
- We have no control over the dates that will be on our tombstone.
- But we do have control over the dash! (Props to Ed Young for inspiration.)
- The dash tells the story of our life. What is your dash about?
- Jesus had a dash. It’s crazy to think the Creator of the world subjected himself to a dash.
- How do we honor someone who has given their life for us in death? We honor their death with our life!
- When someone dies we talk about “honoring their wishes” through their will.
- Jesus had a will. He expressed it in John 17.
- In his will he outlined His wishes for those who would give their life for Him.
- When you take the switch and trade places with Christ – He gives you a new Home, Plan and Story!
- Jesus’ story is that he came to a broken and messed up world to give us a hope for a better life.
- I shared a story from Eden, a young lady who met Christ at our church and how He changed her story.
I hope this series touched your life. I pray that we live with honor and reflect a God of honor in all that we do.
Now, get ready for Encore!! This is going to be fun.