The word many have used to describe last weekend at Crossroads was INSPIRATIONAL. I shared what I’m praying will happen through our church over the next 5 years. I love the fact that so many are ready and willing to help us realize the 510 Vision! Here’s some highlights:
- We looked at a 2nd lion chaser from the Bible: David.
- One of the greatest OT stories on faith is David vs. Goliath
- David couldn’t understand why no one would fight the giant. He volunteered.
- Everyone around David thought He couldn’t do it! (His brothers, the Israelites, Saul…)
- Often times people lay down their dreams or God inspirations because of other people’s fears.
- David wasn’t afraid of Goliath, Saul was.
- I believe the reason David was so confident to fight a giant was not because of the lion and bear incident, but because of what happened in 1 Sam 16.
- David was called by God to do great things which would happen in his future. That gave him full confidence to take on anything.
- The reason the church has been so mediocre is because most people in the church don’t realize their call.
- John 15:16 is the verse God used to call me into ministry. The same goes for you!
- I had always stopped short of the promise that goes with this call. The last sentence of John 15:16 may be the greatest promise ever!
- I shared what I call my 510 dream for our church over the next 5 years. Yes, I’m putting myself out there!
- I refuse to live a mediocre life because I have a much higher calling. So do you. Embrace it and chase it.
Here’s a link to this past weekend’s message. If you go to Crossroads but didn’t get to attend, you MUST watch it and be there this weekend for part 2.