We closed out Lion Chaser this weekend at Crossroads. I felt like it was a powerful and inspiring series for me as well as so many others. I’ve heard such a big response from our church about the 5/10 Dream. This weekend I shared many of the strategic things we want to attempt to expand our reach of the Gospel this year. Here’s some highlights.
- Mike Faieta gave a brief update as a representative of our FMT. I’m so honored to have those guys helping us manage the finances properly!
- I love David’s fight prediction in 1 Samuel 17:45-46. Some would think he was cocky…I think he was confident in his call.
- A lot of people pray to have God remove the conflict or giant size obstacles from their life. But what if God wants you to go through it for a higher purpose?
- Without an obstacle you have no opportunity to see a miracle!
- David saw the bigger purpose of this fight. It was so that the whole world would know there is a God in Israel.
- Perhaps the reason you face giant size obstacles is so everyone in your world will know that there is a God in your life!
- How would the world around us know our God if we never had to rely on him for a miracle?
- Perhaps the greatest picture of faith we could ever see is in 1 Samuel 17:48. David RAN toward the giant.
- Faith is not just believing more. Faith is not convincing yourself to believe harder. Faith is Belief in Motion!!
- David did not have all the details of the fight worked out. He didn’t know what to expect. That is why he took 5 stones with him to the fight.
- We may not have all the details, but that shouldn’t keep us from running into the fight.
- I talked about ways we are asking God to help us Expand our Reach in the next 5 years.
- I talked about expanding our current auditorium, launching Crossroads campuses, helping other churches reach people with the gospel and more!
- I honestly don’t know which stone we’re going to throw first, but we aren’t going to sit and wait.
- Before we begin, we are calling on our entire church to join us on an 11 day fast in 2011. See Fasting Guidelines.
- Jesus prayed and fasted BEFORE he began his ministry, not once he hit a wall. We are taking his approach.
- The fast begins January 27 and will end at noon on February 6th.
- When you need a breakthrough in your life, prayer and fasting is the right tool for the job.
I ask you to pray everyday of this fast for our church and my leaders. We need wisdom and direction from God so we can continue to RUN after this giant size dream. Church I’m so excited and can’t wait to see what God has in store for us.
Dream big as long as you also chase those dreams.