I was so glad to be back at the pulpit. I am still fighting the crud, but feel much better than last weekend. Thanks to all who prayed for me.
This weekend we launched a new series called Succession. I cannot wait to work through this series with our church. I’m praying that it will set the course for our church. Here’s some highlights from the message.
- I believe the Church needs to be bridging the gap between generations more than anyone else.
- My fear is that what happened in Judges 2:10 would happen today.
- It seems that with each passing generation, we are losing a little more of God in our culture.
- Perhaps the greatest thing from my generation was the Atari 2600! I spent hours playing one.
- One of the greatest things you can GIVE the next generation is not what you can BUY for them but what you can BUILD in them!
- Are we teaching our kids that we can buy happiness?
- What ever happened to teaching them Integrity, Dependability, Loyalty and things that develop real character?
- We’ve got to stop buying a generation and start building one!
- I believe the greatest thing you can KEEP for the next generation is the responsibility to SHOW them who God is.
- As parents we’ve got to stop giving up the greatest responsibilities to other people.
- Faith in God was never designed to be taught in a school setting…it was designed to be DEMONSTRATED through relationship!
- How do we know if we are passing on our faith? Take the litmus test:
- Do your kids see you serving?
- Do your kids see you giving?
- Do your kids see you reading your Bible?
- Do your kids see you in community? (Biblical community)
- Do your kids see you pray?
- Do your kids see you worship?
- My greatest fear as a pastor and father is that we will only give the next generation enough God to send them to hell!
I can’t wait for the rest of this series. Next weekend I’ve got a message for this younger generation. I want you to know that I believe in you as your pastor and have high expectations.
The message will be online soon if you missed it.