This past weekend I shared a specific message for the younger generation in our church. It seems that over 60% of our church is under 30. Here’s some highlights:
- God used 1 Timothy 4:12 to encourage me when I was younger.
- The world loves to put labels on generations.
- I believe we must not let our generation define us, but rather we must define it!
- We must be careful to not fall into the trap of Entitlement.
- “Your parents don’t owe you a car.” That must have hurt to hear.
- My biggest concern for this generation is that they will carry a sense of entitlement over to their faith.
- Jesus didn’t owe us the cross. He gave it because he loves us!
- Too many young adults walk away from the church to experience the world.
- My response to that was…Just Keep Coming. Even if you feel guilty, lost or confused, just keep showing up.
- I believe seeds of truth are being sown in this next generation right now that will produce fruit!
- This younger generation is so cause-oriented, so only give your life to a cause worth dying for!
- What I wanted them to hear most from me was this – “I believe in you – NOW!”
- I believe this next generation has a greater opportunity to change the world than we have ever seen!
- Perhaps they just need a “Paul” in their corner believing in them.
If you missed it, definitely take a moment to watch online.