I love the weekend so much that I’m often re-living the great things we saw and heard the next day. So, I thought I would take a moment to recap some of the highlights from this past weekend. I may do this every Monday.
- Our 10:30 experience was packed full. Thought we were going to run out of chairs at one point. I’m praying we fill it so much on 9/12 that we have to ask our regulars to stand along the walls!! Praying the other times fill up as well.
- Band was spot on and worship was off ‘de hook!
- I preached on vision. Probably spoke more to people who know they need to chase what God is putting in their hearts to do.
- Made this statement: Dreamers dream with their eyes closed, visionaries look with eyes open to see a need to be met.
- A vision always begins with a burden. Otherwise its just a self-motivated dream.
- I’m praying that God will turn our people’s passion into burdens that we can’t ignore.
- Don’t spend your life without discovering what God wants to do through you or it will be a life filled with regret.
- Preached from the Book of Esther. Love the story in that book.
- Didn’t share the happy ending in Esther in the first 2 experiences and my wife said I should. I did in the 12pm. They usually get the best message.
- Talked with a bunch of first time guests that loved it!! 🙂
- Talked with a Muslim leader who wanted me to condemn a church in Florida that is going to burn the Koran on 9/11. While I don’t agree with that action, I will not get political or preach on what the Church should be AGAINST. I have one focus – sharing Jesus. That’s what I want to be known for.
Gearing up for FAQ. We have some really tough hard hitting questions. I can’t wait to celebrate 2 years in Lithopolis. Bring as many people as you can that day. I will be sharing the Gospel!
Also, don’t forget to join us on Sep. 8 from 12-1pm in the auditorium as we pray for the names of the people we are going to invite to church or share Christ with.
It was a great day. I love my church.