Taking a moment to recap the following weekend experiences at Crossroads. The band absolutely led us in a killer worship set. As with most of the people who were there for multiple experiences, I can’t get the song “My soul sings” out of my head. I love our band and supporting cast (lights, sound, etc.). So grateful. Here’s a few thoughts from week 1 of Lion Chasers.
- Inspiration came from reading “In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day” by Mark Batterson. Worth buying.
- I truly believe this is going to be my best year yet. Do you believe it?
- I did go gator hunting on a golf course. Only for a picture rather than a leather jacket.
- I had a whole new appreciation for Benaiah after my personal encounter with a lion…at the zoo!
- We have 3 basic ways to respond to the realities of life. Run, Sit and Watch, or Chase.
- I don’t believe Jesus died for us so we can live a mediocre life.
- You can run from God’s Word when it confronts you this year or you can embrace it. The choice is yours.
- Far too many people in the American church love to “sit and watch” on the sidelines of church and they never AFFECT the game.
- One thing I have learned is that when things don’t go as you planned it might be because God has a different plan.
- What physical lion, relational lion or spiritual lion has God called you to chase in 2011? Are you going to do it?
- Benaiah did great exploits for God and His people because he was willing to chase the lion. You can too if you will get into the hunt!
I’m so excited to share some of the dreams and vision I have for our church over the next 2 weekends. Do everything you can to be there for the rest of this series and believe God for your greatest year yet.