Halloween was crazy at Crossroads. Foyers decorated, teachers dressed up, kids dressed up and more… Here are a few highlights.
- Opening with Ghosbusters was rediculously corny, but hilarious.
- We’re pretty sure some people walked out of the church – we probably offended them.
- When we celebrated Halloween it wasn’t to worship the devil, but rather to worship Jesus and make people aware of the devil.
- The video of the stereogram was hilarious. If you missed it, watch for it in the message when it is posted online.
- We began the series on the Supernatural talking about how it is real, the devils wants to harm you, and what God has given you to deal with it.
- The way I see the devil attack people more often than not is to get them to “own an offense” when there is no reason for one.
- Too many people just take attacks from the devil lying down. They get defeated and want to quit on God. Perhaps we need to try to fight back!!
- I wish more people would read their Bible, so they can memorize it, quote it and pray it. When we do that, it causes the devil to run.
- You don’t have to FEAR the unknown supernatural because of whose side you are on. God is stronger than any evil spiritual influence in your life. Live brave.
- Gave an invitation of the Gospel and people responded. Hard to believe they could do that through all of our “evil” participation in Halloween. 🙂
We have never decorated or gone all out for Halloween as a church before. But honestly, I think it made more of an impact. And it was quite funny to see some of the costumes people wore. Maybe I’ll wear one next year.