This past weekend we launched our new series called 5 Lies of the Devil. I think this is going to be a big series for many people. I was amazed at the response to the first lie we covered: God won’t give you more than you can handle! Here are some highlights.
- Yes, I truly believe that the guy who invented roller coasters will burn in hell!
- None of us like it when our life is out of control. We usually look for someone to blame.
- What happens when what we say we believe doesn’t line up with reality?
- Sometimes it’s easier to believe a lie than a truth because it lines up with what you want to believe.
- The Bible never said that God won’t give us more than we can handle. 1 Cor 10:13 is talking about the temptation to sin.
- Paul clearly stated that his life had gotten to a point where it was more than he could handle – 2 Cor 1:8-9
- Paul discovered this truth in that moment: When it’s too much, He becomes enough!!
- Honestly, God isn’t enough for most people when life is good. That’s why so many only go to church when their world falls apart.
- God never promised us a life without pain. He did promise to be with us through it all.
- Perhaps the greatest reason God will ALLOW us to experience hardship is to teach us to RELY on Him.
- God does not cause evil in our lives. It is a by-product of the world we live in.
- I don’t know how to make sense of devastation like what we see in Japan. All we know is that Jesus said this world is falling apart, (Matthew 25) and we are on it!
- I wish we could pray a special prayer and all of our problems would go away. But perhaps God wants to use the problem to do something in us instead.
- Even if what you are dealing with is more than you can handle, always remember that God’s grace is sufficient! (2 Cor 12:9)
If you want to watch the message, it’s online here.