This past weekend was historic for our church. We had our first Saturday evening experiences and they were hot. The turnout was awesome and the crowd was energetic. Of course I can’t leave Sunday out. Crowds on Sunday were pretty packed as well. God is moving in our church and I believe we are on the verge of new momentum.
The message was intense, to say the least. I brought the cold hard truth about generosity that was a bit in your face if you are a follower of Christ. If you missed it, you should watch it online this week. Here are a few highlights:
- God showed me that I was not a generous person a year ago!
- This series comes more from what God has begun in me than anything else.
- The churches in Macedonia were broke but happy! That is not a combination that we often see. (2 Cor 8:2)
- Yes, I said that cats and fried rice go together really well. Especially with a little spice on it.
- Sadly, so many people are chasing happiness in what they can achieve or acquire. They are also left empty.
- True joy only comes from knowing Jesus and his salvation!!
- This is an unexplainable equation: Overflowing Joy + Extreme Poverty = Rich Generosity (Figure that one out)
- 2 Cor 8:3 might be the best definition of generosity I’ve seen.
- I shared some statistics regarding the giving at our church. I was shocked to say the least.
- It bothers me that so few people give to what God is doing through the church. No wonder the church is as ineffective as it has been.
- God used 2 Cor 8:7 to rock my world. I’m called to GROW or EXCEL in the grace of giving. Not just stay the same.
- I used to think I was generous, till God showed my that by giving the tithe I wasn’t generous but simply faithful.
- The tithe is what God expects as a starting point from us. To be generous is to give BEYOND that.
- My family took a step of faith to become generous and increased our percentage of what we are giving through the church a year ago. God has continued to meet our needs!
- I want to see us take a step of faith each year to increase our giving.
- The reason I get so passionate about this is because of what I know our church can do if our people get generous. We will change this city!!
- I am so THANKFUL for the few people who are faithful to support this ministry. God has done something amazing through so few.
- If we want to be like our Savior, we will have to become generous. He gave everything for us!! He is the one we measure ourselves against.
I challenge everyone who calls Crossroads their church to take a step toward generosity. Give something. Commit to the tithe if that is your next step. If you’ve been faithful to God with the tithe for years, take a step toward becoming generous!
Perhaps, join me in becoming generous and together we’ll impact this world.